Monday, April 29, 2013

Campos2 - Week Eight


 Brazil!
 "I found Herbie!"
Me and my companion, Elder Diego.
Well, This week has been pretty good.

About basketball, You know that I haven t been the biggest basketball fan, but looks like I'll have to get into the family gig. Talking about sports here, Brazil is getting ready for The Confederations cup that will happen here in like two months. I'm hoping that US will come out strong. =) I have also heard from my companion that Donovan might play for a team here in Brazil. That is interesting.

Anyway, about mission things.

Remember how I talked about Felipe last week? He is doing really well. This Sunday he was ordained a priest. =) It's really awesome to see him progress and see the excitement that he has to live the gospel. We started to teach two references that he gave us this week. The first one is a family friend named Nilton. He had heard a lot about the church from Felipe's family when they were active in the church. We had a really spiritual lesson with him this week. He told us that he is a coward because he knows that some of the things that he does is wrong and doesn't have the courage to change his life, but we invited him to pray and see what God wants him to do. We are going to teach him this week.

Yesterday, we also taught Felipe's friend Douglas. He wasn’t really certain if God exists or not, and doesn't have many religious beliefs. We taught him about faith. It was a really spiritual lesson, and I know that he felt the Spirit. He said that after that lesson he changed his mind about some of the things that he had said to us, and he thanked us for the message. He agreed to let us teach him more this week. He has tons of potential.  =) I love it when the members help.

We are also having really good lessons with Carlos and Natalia. Natalia got an answer to her prayer and knows that what we are saying is true. She didn't come to church this week, but we left the Book of Mormon with her and we are going to see how her reading went this week. I'm really excited about the things we have to do this week. We have some really great investigators, and I know that they'll keep progressing.

That's about it. It's crazy that Nate is home already. Time here is just flying by. When is Jesse going to get home?

We are going to Rio when you come right? I can't leave Brazil without going.

And I bought white shirts. All the shirts that I brought are gray. A sister in the ward made a comment about it to me one day and I decided to buy a few new shirts.

Why is Cameron working in LA? Oh and uh, it's not May yet. Its still April. It's the month that never ends. haha

My companion is out of his mind. He's really funny. But we are working really well together, we laugh every day, which is the most important part. If a missionary isn't happy, the work doesn't get done. There is no progress. But there is a subtle difference between being happy and just goofing off. haha. Whatever. We're working hard.

The mission is great. I'm trying my best. Some days, it's just so hard to keep walking. But we do what we can. Trial of faith. "Just do it" is like our mission motto. "Só vai!" yeah..

That's about it. I have started to buy Snickers and Milky Way here lately. It’s not quite as good as in the states, but its pretty darn close.

I love you guys, hope the family is doing well .

Choose the right, when a choice is placed before you.
If the Savior stood beside you, would you do the things you do?
Ere you left your room this morning, did you think to pray?
Search, ponder and pray, are the things that we must do. I know the scriptures are true.
I know that my Redeemer lives.

and last but not least,
I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ. I know who I am, I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith.

I love you all. And I love the church hymns. They share my testimony better than I do. This month I am going to do a special musical number in sacrament meeting. =)

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment