Monday, April 22, 2013

Campos2 - Week Seven


Well, like I said, this week was action packed.

So, transfers were this week like I said. I was sad to see my companion go. He was one of the companions that I liked the most. The member that took him to the bus terminal said that he almost cried when he was leaving because I was the best companion that he had. haha =) So on Tuesday I spent the day with the other elders here. They (the leaders) said that my companion would get there that day, at the normal time, which is 10:30ish. So I was there waiting, and no one showed up. I called the LZs and they said he would come tomorrow. Lame. So we went back home and I went to sleep. 3:30 in the morning I got a phone call from the elders, saying that my comp was at the terminal. Well great. Why didn't you tell me that before? So he took a taxi to our house.

This week has been really interesting with my new comp. Almost everyone gives us food. Literally almost every single house we enter, they give us cake and soda. Every house! It's ridiculous.

We also had a sister from the church tell us that her son's father (...) wants to be baptized. Woo hoo! We'll start working with him this week.

We are working with a less active named Felipe. He was baptized when he was 9, and didn't stay in the church very long. His family fell away from the church when his father died. A few weeks ago he found us in the street, and wanted to know how to get our visits. Since then he has gone to conference, and to church twice. We have been teaching him like an investigator, because he doesn't know very much about the church, but he has such a huge desire to learn and follow the church. Every time we talk to him he had been reading on the church website, or studying something about the church. We challenged him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and to know if the church was true and if it was the right path for him to follow, and he got an answer so clear and powerful. So awesome. It's really amazing how much desire and real intent does for getting an answer. He is a really great guy, and the bishop is preparing him to receive the Aaronic priesthood.

We are also working with a less active named Enilda. She is really great, she has some problems with the word of wisdom, but she says that she wants to come back to the church. She is living with a man named Claudio. They are really funny. Such a classic old couple. haha. We challenged them to get married this week. They just looked at each other, and then back to us, and Claudio said, “Let’s do it.” So, he also wants to get baptized, we just have to figure out this marriage thing, and that's it.

We are working really hard.  I walked a LOT this week. But that is a good thing.

Thanks mom and dad for everything, Love you all. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment