Hey mom. What's up?
Well this week has gone pretty well. Kind of. We also had stake conference this week. It was good. The speakers were really great. The only not good part was that we had confirmed with 17 people to come to church and we were really excited about that. And only two showed up. And these two are basically members--they come every Sunday, but can't be baptized because they're not married. It was also cool because I saw a lot of the members from the Campos ward that I haven't seen for a while. That was cool.
We are doing really well here too. The work is going good. We are finding a lot of new people to teach. Our best investigators however are having a few set backs, but they are progressing well.
There were a few lessons this week that I really felt the Spirit. Especially our lessons with Douglas who is starting to believe. We left the Book of Mormon with him and challenged him to read and pray about it. Our lessons with him are awesome. I really like the way my companion teaches. He teaches a lot differently from my other companions. When he talks about the Atonement or about the gospel, its more than just saying it because that's what he has to say, but because it's what he really believes. There is a conviction and a special feeling behind his words. Like every word he says comes from the soul. Our lessons with Douglas have been some of the most spiritual that I've had on my whole mission. I know that he's changing and he's even telling that to us. I'm excited to teach him and I hope that he keeps going.
I've been reflecting on things that I have learned here on the mission, and I have really learned a lot while I've been here. Looking back on the mission it seems like it's been forever. But it's really helped be a better person.
I'll share just one of the lessons that I have been thinking about. Humility and gratitude are important to receive revelation. The strongest prayers that I have ever had on my mission, before asking for help to my problems, I made an effort to first thank for everything that I had. And I really opened myself up to receive the answer, no matter what the answer was. These prayers have been some of the strongest in my life.
I love the mission and I love the gospel. It's such a sacrifice, but its worth it. This week I'm going to take some time to put the things that I have learned here on the mission down on paper to remember.
I don't think that I'll finish here in Campos. I think that I'll be out soon. We had interviews with president this week. It was kind of funny, he said that on the mission we're here to suffer. haha We're doing the work of our Lord Jesus Christ, and a part of His work was to suffer so that the children of Heavenly Father could come unto Him and have eternal life. So we have a part of this suffering, with all the difficulties that we go through on the mission trying to bring souls unto Christ.
He basically told me that I might be a zone leader soon, but we'll see. I'm just trying to do my best.
Well I love you all. I'm surprised at how much the "littles" have grown. haha I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be the shortest boy in the family, but I think that I've known that for a while.
I'm going to try and call about 6 my time, I think that like 1 there. Hope church is out already. Well I'll talk to you guys soon.
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment