Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Linhares - Week Sixteen
Hello!
It’s always great hearing from the fam. =) Sorry but there won't be any pictures today because the computer isn't working right =( Lame, I know. But yeah, this week wasn't too great either, but, my packages are here!! woo hoo! They're both at the mission home and I will get them next week when we have interviews with the president. OH, and I always forget to tell you about stuff like the weather, but it's HOT. Always. haha
So, the best think that happened this week was conference. Woo! But we didn't get to watch priesthood session. I was disappointed, but I'm having one of the young men in the branch download conference for me so I will listen to it soon. And no, I didn't see Ted because I couldn't watch that one. Priesthood session was broadcast at 9 at night, so that's why we couldn't watch it. I liked Pres. Uchtdorf’s talk a lot, too. Oh and we watched it in Portugese at the chapel with all the members. I’m surprised that I understood just about everything! I'm amazed at how much my language skills have improved. Elder Pithan, my last companion, said I speak better than some Americans that have been here for a lot longer.
Anyway, the week was lame because we didn't have any investigators at conference. We had a family home evening which was awesome, taught a family of 7th day Adventists (who believe Saturday is and still should be the Sabbath day) and we're still teaching Naiara, and Juciara that live together. I don't know if they will keep progressing, but I'm hoping for the best. Neither of them came to conference. =(
We found a family this week, but they're mully, wont keep commitments, and just about no one there is married.
I was pretty disappointed with this week. Elder Lima and I are having troubles. Just sometimes I think we're not working as diligently as I want, but I need him to keep working hard too. We're having a lot of trouble finding new, quality investigators. This week I am determined to work hard and have success. The past two weeks we haven't been having much success and I think it's because we're not working very diligently. This week will be better.
We also had a talent show activity with the branch. That was good. I sang a hymn, and we had one of our investigators there.
Well, this week was a little discouraging, but I’m determined to change and have success the next two weeks before transfers. The time just goes by so fast!
I love you all and its great hearing from you! I noticed Drew is wearing my Mountian Dew shirt. (They don't have Mountain Dew in Brazil btw) And. I'm trying to play the piano every chance I get at the chapel. haha I guess I should have listened to you mom. =) and I'm trying to write in my journal every day but it's really easy to forget! haha
That's about it for this week. It's great to see that everyone is having fun. Happy birthday again to Darcy and Drew! You only have to pass one more without me. I love you all and thanks for everything!
oh, and P.S. I think EVERYONE should serve a mission. =) Definitely the best thing I could be doing, better than all the school, dating, and car news that I'm missing. haha woooooo mission!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment