Monday, April 30, 2012

Campos - Week Two


The city of Campos

Riley's companion, Elder Sousa

Elder Fischer (Riley's trainer) and Elder Sousa (Riley's trainee) with Riley
His mission "family."

Elder Woodmansee  in a music store
Dang it! I thought I was going to beat Darcy at the Book of Mormon, but I guess when you're just reading, and not teaching the whole day, it goes a little bit faster. ;)

So, yes this week went by much better and less stressfully than the first. Even though we don't have much support from the members here, we're doing our best to teach and find! We've been putting in practice a part from Preach My Gospel called talk to everyone, and well, we're trying to talk to everyone. Our mission president set a goal to get 35 addresses each week for people to visit. And man it's hard. Mostly because I don't like talking to strangers, but I don't know anyone who does like doing contacts. Thankfully we didn't knock any doors this week which for me, is worse than contacts. haha. We haven't been seeing much success yet, we're still trying to build our teaching pool. But this week will be better, for sure.

So the highlight of the week was the mission conference with Elder Cook! So cool.  Firstly, I got to see all my friends from the mission and hang out with them for a bit. And secondly, and most importantly, an apostle talked to us!! First we heard from Elder Gudoy, and his wife. He is a counselor in the area of Brazil, one of the Seventy. His wife talked about loving your companion to have the Spirit with you, and he talked about diligence and obedience. It was really good. (President talked before them, bore his testimony and talked about how every day is a new mission for him) So, Elder Gudoy talked about the blessings that come from working hard on the mission, and that we gain the blessings for us, our families, and our futures one day at a time. And that we can be perfect on our missions, one day at a time and this will lead to the perfection that we want on our mission.

After him, Sister Cook talked to us, and made us sing. Apparently, she really loves music so she used this a lot. She talked about the Christ like attributes, and how she linked them with hymns and songs in the children's hymn book. She talked about how she studied each of the attributes, and thought of all the hymns she could that related to each one. It was cool. She was my favorite. haha.  And she talked about the song, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me"-and I really like that one. She said that the Savior is beside us every day, so we should be doing our best.

Elder Cook was awesome. He was an awesome teacher. He taught about how we need to grow the church, and not just baptize, but save others who have fallen away. He talked about how the Lord will establish the church by our hand, and that we need to have faith, and establish the church. He talked about when they made Preach My Gospel, and also the importance of making commitments with our investigators. MAN, the spirit was awesome in that meeting. I learned quite a lot.

This week was pretty awesome. Even though we didn't have too much success, I just love teaching the 1st lesson with my companion. Every time the Spirit is so strong and it just reminds me of the truthfulness of what we're teaching to people. We taught it 3 times or more this week when the Spirit was just awesomely strong. I love it. It reminds me why I’m here on the mission. Every time we teach it I just want to teach it more. =D

So that's about it. Oh and I really love study time, when it's really focused. It's awesome. Spiritually.

And a had açaí about 8 times this week. Man that stuff is good.

Well I love you guys. I gained a few more pounds since the last time I checked. =( I'm at 88 kilos.

Our family is awesomely musical. xD legit.

My comp is pretty dang awesome. He has an awesome desire to serve and will be a better missionary than I was!

The pictures are of my mission family. Elder Fischer my dad, and my comp, who is my son. =) I was sad because I think that was the last time I'll see him before he goes home. and the other is me in a music store playing bass.

LOVE YOU! Until next week. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment