| Elder Woodmansee and Elder Lima with William's two cousins |
| All four Elders with the new members and family. |
| The cake Riley made |
| Baptism refreshments |
This week, I had an interview with President, who basically told me I was being transferred, and I got my packages! Yes they were from you! (Nobody else has ever sent me anything. haha) Oh that's not true. I got a package from the (Neal) Mortensens. Anyway, THANKS SO MUCH that umbrella is pretty much BOSS, and the gorilla tape will come in handy for shutting my companion up . . . just kidding. But yeah, I pretty much ate all the candy, the pistachios were a surprise but they're awesome too, a great snack. That blessing from President Hatch is really awesome! I’m glad we recorded it because I definitely did not remember most of what was in it. That new journal is awesome, and everyone is jealous of my new watch. =)
So we had a baptism Saturday! Lots of them! My companion and I baptized two more cousins of my other baptism William. I'm disappointed that none of the adults there care enough to set an example for those kids. William is basically the spiritual example in the house, he goes to every activity, leaves with the missionaries, goes to seminary every day, and wants to serve a mission. I’m sad to leave that family.
Anyway, this week we worked a lot, and had a lot of new people to teach because we just went through the area book visiting all the people. We had some good spiritual lessons this week. We started working in a different area so there were lots of people to teach. One lesson, the daughter of an older woman we were teaching came in, and we started teaching her too, we found out that her son died recently so we started teaching about the plan of salvation and how that son will always be her son, even after this life. Most churches don't offer this knowledge. She cried about three different times during the lesson, and she has a lot of potential to progress.
We also finally got Naiara to commit to baptism! We talked with her for a long time last night. I'm sure she knows it's true, she just wants a certainty, and she doesn't really want to leave the community of her church yet. It was good talking to her. We talked about why the Holy Ghost is important. And also to help her understand that getting baptized sooner is better. So she accepted to be baptized on the 28th. She was also sad that I was going away, and told me that I had pretty eyes and that I was beautiful. Sooo it's probably better that I'm leaving! haha
We have two other baptism dates, two brothers of a member. One is 10 and the other is 20. They went to church yesterday and they both liked it a lot. (The 10-year old has been many times before) Reinan, the older one, is pretty cool, he's simpler, but he's already started to change his life. He promised to live the commandments, (law of chastity, and word of wisdom), he stopped drinking coffee the day we taught him that, and he's been keeping commitments. Woo! I’m sad I'll miss that baptism too.
We have one other investigator who went to church (I can't remember her name because it's weird, and she's the neighbor of an investigator, but she went to church so we'll focus more on her instead,) but she said that she loved it! I'm hoping that she'll continue to progress.
As for experiences really spiritual, it's been hard this transfer. I think it's because Elder Lima and I haven’t been getting along too well, because he did things to annoy me, wanting to annoy me. Just arguing about stupid things and the like. This week I think five of the days I was mad at him before we left the apartment in the morning. I think that was the reason we haven’t had much success. =( The blessing that President Hatch gave said that I need to be one with my companions, and since reading that I have been trying to do better. But it's just hard sometimes.
Well that's about it for this week, I love you all, thank you soooooo much for the packages, I'm thankful for every single piece of candy and every item that I received.
I'm trying to do my best, a little nervous about the transfer, but I'll find out tomorrow!
Thanks for the support family!
Oh and mom, I don't know if you did yet, but if you could check my facebook every once in a while to confirm the friend requests (of Brazilians) because they keep bugging me about not seeing my photos. Thanks mom! Love you! parabens on the grades kids! (That's congrats to you!) way to be better in school that I was. Welll, That's it. Keep up the good work Drew, Darcy and Blake! Congrats Cam on the graduation. I think it will be awesome to visit you guys in the future! Dad, is such a craftsman. Well, I love you! Thanks. Bye.
| Elder Woodmansee and Elder Lima "on an overpass thingy" |
| "In our study room sporting the jersey I bought Elder Lima" |
Until next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment