Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Linhares - Week Seventeen


We're having interviews with President tomorrow, so I’ll get those two packages you sent!  Transfers is a week from tomorrow.  My companion has one more transfer after this one. I do not want to stay here one more, but if I stay, oh well, I'll still work my hardest and keep trying to improve as a missionary.

Nope! They don’t have Easter candy here like we do at home.  Just big chocolate eggs. So, if you can send lots of starburst jellybeans. =) and peeps, that’d be great! They don't have either of those here. Easter here is all about the big chocolate eggs...thats all they got. Tons of candy isn't really common here like we do, but they have those giant chocolate eggs that they buy, and I think normally you just get one or two. I didn't get any. So Sunday was just a regular day for me, except that I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting (like always) but about the Resurrection and the real reason that we celebrate Easter.

Um, it rained a lot this week, which was good. I liked it. Because its still really hot.

Anyway, this week we worked better, but me and my companion still aren’t getting along that well, but mostly is because he does things that I don't like. This companionship seems like a patience test sometimes. haha  This week we should have two baptisms of cousins of my other baptisms, if that makes any sense.  Their grandma still hasn't gotten the papers she needs to get married yet but she's gone to church I think 10 weeks already. Pretty awesome. This week we found and marked a baptismal date, with an old woman who is 75, and likes us visiting her because she lives alone and doesn't have people to visit her. She is really simple so we have to teach her like a 10-year-old. =) But I like her, her name is Geralda. Really funny.

The other person that we taught again yesterday for the first time is Naiara, who got mad at us the first time we taught her. But she was better today, talked a lot with us, asked a lot of questions, which was good, and she decided that she will pray to know if it's true. I think she knows that some of the things about her church are wrong, but she doesn't want to leave her church because she's used to the culture and the people and everything there. I think she knows what she has to do, she just has to do it. She also asked us, if your church is true, how come during sacrament meeting, everyone just talks to each other and they don't pay attention? Ouch. This is a problem in our branch, and members really make a difference. They need to be an example, even when they don't know they are being watched. Because this might make the difference of her deciding to get baptized and follow the church of Christ or not. Anyway, the members make a HUGE difference. I wish I had gone out with the missionaries. Tell Drew to start now!

Congrats to Darcy, Drew, and Blake for all the good work. Keep being awesome. =) Dad is a pretty awesome craftsman. I'm impressed. I want to be just like him. =)

I think that's about it for the week. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment