How's it going? I'm a little disappointed that I didn't have any emails this week. Did you even get my last ones?
Well, the CTM is fun, but its pretty much the same thing every day, every week. The only days that are different are Sunday, and today.
We got to go to the temple today, like we do every pday, and that is always a great experience. I'm always grateful for that and I really look forward to that. the rest of pday is good too, although, we spend probably 2 hours on the bus going to and from the temple.
Only other point of interest for the day so far, I just saw a Ferrari driving past the CTM from my window. That was pretty cool. haha
Yesterday morning we had a special devotional, where one of the Area Seventy spoke to us. It was a really good talk, but it took forever, because he would say a line or two, and then they had to translate it into Portuguese, so that just made it take forever, but it was really good. His name was Elder Evans. It was a really great talk
Just on Sunday it was fast Sunday, and they make you fast, which I thought was funny. It was a really good Sunday though, I enjoyed the sacrament meeting and all the testimonies of the elders in my branch. The other classes were good too. I look forward to Sunday every week
Well I don't think I have done this yet, so I'll give you a rundown of my daily schedule.
I get up a 6:25, so that I don't have to wait for a shower. After I shower, we go down and have breakfast at 7, and its always some meat sandwich that isn't all that great so I mostly have fruit. After that, we go to our classroom and have study time for about 2 and a half hours, unless we have TRC, which is like practice teaching with other missionaries, or with local members. After the study time, we have gym, for about an hour, and we're not allowed to play soccer here, which is lame, but they say its because too many missionaries would get hurt because the Brazilians take it so seriously. After gym we have lab, where we get to use a program on the computer to help us learn. I don't like it that much. After that we have lunch, normally chicken and some other meat, with a side of rice and beans. I really like most of the meals. The desserts here are not that good though. haha. After lunch we have class with one teacher for 3 hours, then dinner at 4:30, then class with a different teacher until 9. And that's how it is all week except Sunday and Tuesday. I feel like I'm learning the language, but not fast enough, its hard to teach lessons in only Portuguese. I'm committed to learn it though, and I want to study harder now than I did before.
I still have 4 more weeks here after this one. I cant wait to get out of here!
I love you! Try to email me before Tuesday. =)
Elder Woodmansee
No comments:
Post a Comment