Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brazil MTC - Week Five

Can you tell that Riley is anxious to get out of the MTC and into the Vitoria mission?!

Sorry I wasn't able to email you yesterday, the internet was down so we are able to today which is great. Yesterday was a good pday, we went to the temple, as always, which was great.  I’m going to miss going to the temple every week. After the temple we went out and did our normal thing. We had a huge thunderstorm yesterday also. It rolled in and rolled out in about two hours. It was the most lightning I have ever seen, and the loudest I've ever heard. It was really cool. Yesterday for devotional we watched a fireside given by Elder Nelson at the Provo MTC. It was really good, but it was also really short so I was disappointed by that.That was pretty much all of my day yesterday. It was disappointing that I didn't get to email but that's okay because I’m doing that now.

Other notable events this week. Yes we had Thanksgiving! Kind of. It was a normal day, we didn't do anything special, but for lunch they gave us turkey, mashed potatoes, and corn and it was really good. Oh and stuffing too! It wasn't as much as it would be at home, but I’m still grateful for that taste of Thanksgiving. The next night, for a tradition that they have here at the CTM, they turned on all the Christmas lights in the courtyard. We had a big social thing, we counted down and turned on the lights, then sang Christmas hymns in Portuguese, and then had ice cream. It was pretty fun. We also had a great fireside on Sunday. I can't remember the speaker’s name, but it was one of the best we have had here. I learned a lot about the Atonement. Um, everything else this week was pretty much the same.

I’m getting a little sick of it here. haha I am SO READY TO LEAVE. Doing the same thing every single day is starting to get to me. haha. I do enjoy the amount of study time that we have though. I have a goal to learn 100 new words a day, or just a page in the back of one of the language books they gave me. It’s going well, I've been able to keep up with this goal so far. On Monday we get to go proselyting, and I’m really excited for that. Next week is finally going to be different, and that is our last week here. I really can't wait.
 
Well it sounds like you're having fun, and that I might not have anything for Christmas. haha. I leave here on the 13th. Counting down the days because I cannot wait to leave. I had to buy a watch because my other ones either broke or stopped working.

Well I think that's it. I would love to send something home for Christmas, but there isn't anything cool here to send, or that I have very much money to send it, or that it would get there in time. Maybe next Christmas. Or for birthdays or something. It Sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun. I’m still learning a lot, and I’m really wanting to leave at this point. I’m just sad that I have to leave a lot of the guys here. I've made some really good friends, I guess I’ll have to just see them when I get back. Did you do the deferment thing for BYU yet? I kind of want to go when I get back home =) I like hearing from you guys. It was really helpful that you sent the one email through mission ties also because I got it yesterday and was at least able to read it yesterday. Is Jesse not sending any emails?

Well I'm just about out of time. I love you guys, and I like hearing about what you're doing. I’m sad I missed out on Thanksgiving. I’m so ready to leave here. That's cool that Cameron is getting a job and FINALLY leaving Provo. haha. Is Zack making any progress on getting married yet? haha. Well I’m having fun, I miss you guys, but I like being here too. I just can't wait to actually get out to the mission field though. I’m counting down the days. I love you all, have a great week. I have one more pday here and then I’m outta here! I’m sick of this place. I’ll hear from you next week I guess.

Well I’m really sad that I haven't gotten anything from ANY of my friends yet. I never get any mail and it makes me sad. Maybe you can go on facebook and tell my friends to mail me or email me? Thanks mom. LOVE YA! I gotta go.
Elder Woodmansee

No comments:

Post a Comment