Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Brazil MTC - Week Four


I’m doing fine, I don’t really have much to tell you this week, my days are pretty much all the same, I really just want to leave the MTC so that I can feel like I’m actually making a difference out here. I’m going to try and send some small things home for Christmas, I just don’t know if it will be there in time, or if I should because I don’t have much money to spend anyway. haha. well the only exciting thing that I know that I’m doing this week, is that we are singing in the devotional tonight, I’m singing in two songs, the first is come thou fount, with 4 other elders from my district, it sound really good! And the other is I’ll go where you want me to go, with my old companion Elder Baguley. I’m really excited for both of those because it will be good. I don’t know what else I’m doing this week, just that there is only 3 more weeks left at the MTC! It seems like it’s been forever. Just because it’s the same thing over and over and over. I look forward to Sunday all week because it’s the only day that’s different.

We just got back from the temple about two hours ago, it was good, like always. I’m glad that I have the opportunity to go to the temple every week, and I’m really sad that I won’t have a temple in my mission to go to.

The only experiences that stand out in my mind this week was reading through Joseph smiths account of the first vision in Joseph smith history, with my companion. That was a good experience. This week I am focusing on patience, becasue4 being around the same group of people pretty much 24/7 can start to get on your nerves a little bit. It’s not all that bad though. But anyway, I started off Sunday night by looking up scripture by scripture in the topical guide on patience. And this week I’ve started writing down scriptures on that copy of my patriarchal blessing that either I really like or that have to do with a part of my blessing, since that copy has all the typos still anyway.

Oh, my watch broke this week, which was really lame. Two of the links broke, so it wasn’t really worth it to find someplace that could fix it because I had that clock with a clip on it that Zack took on his mission. I’ll just buy another watch later. But I was disappointed by that. I wish I could print things out or send you pictures, because I would like to keep these quotes you send me, and I have pictures to send you. Most are just of the city or of other things in the MTC, but we're not supposed to carry our cameras around so I haven’t been able to take too many.

Well, that’s it for this week I guess. I want to be able to speak Portuguese better, but I need to know more words, but it seems like I don’t have enough time to study my scriptures, the language, and help my companion learn the language, all in the study time that I have. I wish I had more time in the day to study! haha that’s something I don’t think I would have ever said before my mission. It’s hard to talk to the Brazilian elders here because I only know the words to gospel topics and the words I need to teach the lessons, (which I think I can do pretty well). But other than that I can’t say too much. I’m really hoping that I get a Brazilian companion when I get to the mission field. and speaking of teaching, my companion isn’t getting the language to great so far, so that’s why I’m helping him during study time, but during lessons it seems like I’m talking for most of the time, which I need to work on so he can get more practice too.

I love you all! I really like hearing from you! Thanks for all the things that you've done for me mom and dad. I love you and I am so grateful for everything that you had to do to get me out here. I can’t wait to actually get out to the mission field. Stay safe! Keep up the good work siblings! And Darcy you better be on the High school team! Drew, you better be dunking this season! haha Blake! I miss you bud! I like hearing from you! =)

Well my time is up. I love you! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment