Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Brazil MTC - Week Three

Well I guess my email hasn't been working which is pretty lame. Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun! I like hearing from the brothers and sister =) well.  I'll put my email from last week at the end of this one. I'm also going to try a "dear elder" service here, since my email to mom's address isn't going very well. It was really disappointing not getting any email or being able to get them to you the past two weeks.

The Portuguese is coming better than it was last week. During this week, in one of the lessons I was really surprised at how well I was able to speak and get out what I wanted to say. It was pretty neat. I'm still not where I want to be though, and whenever someone starts talking about something other than church, it's really hard to follow because I don't know a lot of the words. but I'm getting really good at teaching the lessons though.

Dad should hurry and make up his mind, and then show me haha. And drew 'thinks' that the chevelle is going to be his. Well im still having fun here, I got frustrated a little this week because it seemed like I wasn't learning fast enough, but I got over that. In the mornings we have a long study time period, and now I'm getting a lot done during this time because I broke the time down into blocks so that I stay on task throughout the whole two and a half hours we have to ourselves in the morning. I am also picking a Christlike attribute every week to work on. This week im working on obedience, but I've been pretty good with that anyway. =) interesting that you sent me a quote thing on obedience. Im really sad that I can't print it out. I'm also sad that I can't send pictures to you yet because I have some awesome ones of the city of São Paulo. I enjoy learning this language, my instructors are both really cool. Both are returned missionaries, and both Brazilian. One is getting married at the end of this week so he won't be our instructor any more which is really sad.

Well it's been raining for like three days straight, which is awesome because the sky gets really smoggy and the rain clears it up, and makes the place look beautiful! haha
The temple today was awesome, we're about to go out and send letters, and maybe buy some things.

Well I'm having fun, I hope this gets to you, and you'll hear about a spiritual experience that I had in the letter I'm sending through this "dear elder" service in a Brazil. It's pretty cool.

Well I love you, I'll take some notes this week on things to write you so it can be longer, but it's kinda hard because I do the same thing like every day here, except Sunday, and today, which are my favorite days.

Drew- good luck on getting that car, you still don't have an eagle ;) and you better be a beast at basketball this season, play some hard defense and stuff some people right in their faces! I can still beat you though. =) I only play basketball because we're not allowed to play soccer because the Brazilians would take out our ankles and someone would get hurt. haha Good job on school, study hard so you can get into BYU

Darcy- congrats on the goal scoring, and on the all-stars. I wish I could keep playing soccer, especially here where it's the big thing. =) keep up the good schoolwork darcy, and the soccer, maybe you can play soccer for BYU! That would be awesome! I like hearing about what you're doing!

Blake- way to go on the school work buddy! Keep it up.  You're a smart little (big) dude! Keep playing that sax little brother! And you better be as big as me when I come home! I like hearing from you even if you run out of things to say ;) love you bud!

So long for today! Love all of you, make sure you email me for next week!

Thank you mom and dad for everything you have done for me. It has helped me so much. Without you, I wouldn't be here and this is where I want to, and am supposed to be. I love you.

See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment