Monday, August 26, 2013

Nova Venecia - Week Two


Doing a service project--helping clean the school were we use internet for free.

Coolest pic of the week.

Nova Venecia after the rain.

Well, this week was kind of a slow week in terms of work, we had a few disappointments with some of our investigators, who lost interest, or didn't go to church, and stuff like that. We haven't had that great of a week in terms of work, and the weather here has been crazy. It rains in the morning, and then gets hot, and then rains, and then sun, it's kinda crazy here.

But yeah, we were kinda sad. The family that went to church last week, lost a bit of interest, and had some problems, and didn't go to church this week. Neither did the other families that we were teaching. We only had one person in church this week, who is an old investigator, but we're going to go back and start teaching her again this week.

The branch here could use a little energy boost here. This branch has been here for like 13 years, and only has around 50 members in church each Sunday. We don't have a  chapel here either. So, we been visiting a few members to help them get excited to do some missionary work, and help reactivate some members as well. Last Sunday we had a meeting and the leadership really liked an idea that I gave, so they're working with that now. I hope they have success.  The district here is depending on this branch to form a stake here.

I really want to end my mission on a high note as you said, but some days are just really hard. I talked with my companion and this week we are going to work really hard these last few weeks. I really don't want to leave this area without baptizing, so that's my new goal.

Well, that's about it for this week I guess. We're going to work really hard this week. =) its going to be great. Looks like everyone's having fun. I think it's crazy how much everyone's grown up. haha

Love you all, talk to you all soon. haha =) That's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment