Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cariacica - Final Week

 This is an older photo on the train track 

Division açaí with Elder Cruz. I was on a conference call with the other zone leaders

Hey family, how's it going?

Well, this week has been a really busy week. First off, the bad news. I was really not expecting it, but, I was transferred. =( I was pretty disappointed, but what can I do? I was really hoping to stay until the end here. My companion and I, and one of the other missionaries in my house were transferred. Lame. That means I'll only have one transfer in the next area, which will be my last. Next week you'll find out where I am.

The good news, we baptized this week!


Remember how I was talking about Edilson and his family? Well this week his mom, Sueli decided to follow the answer that Heavenly Father gave to her, and she was baptized on Saturday, with her other son, Edimilson. Edilson was baptized on Sunday because he was working on Saturday. But it was really great. We were happy that they decided to be baptized. It was a great way to end a transfer.

We also had a really great activity this week at Natalia's house. We have been trying to help her be baptized since we got here. We had a "family home evening" with some of the other youth of the ward. It was really good. We talked about the importance of being an example, and then we ate! But the best part was that we were able to talk to her dad, and gain his trust, basically. Because the only reason why she's not baptized is that her dad wouldn't let her. So its lame that we were transferred. Now others will have to carry on with the work.

We worked really hard just for that baptism to happen. Now that it did, we're really happy. I'm glad that we were able to help the people out that we did. We also had some good experiences with the members this week. We talked with a couple about being casual in our church activity. It was just a normal conversation, but it really helped them and they thanked us for our visit. That's the kind of work that I like to do with members, =) and they promised to give some referrals and start (again) helping out more in the work.

One other cool thing this week. We were led to teach a family. Last week, we were walking by, and I felt like I needed to knock on a certain door. We talked to a woman there named Gloria, and she told us to come back later. So this week we did. We found out that they had already talked to the missionaries, they really liked the church, but weren't baptized, and this last week, her grandson had died, and they were needing some uplifting. We talked to her, her son (the father of the one that had died) Joel, and Wallace, another family member. It was a really great lesson where we talked about Jesus Christ and the Atonement. It was really great, and I know that doors will be opened for them as they receive the message of the gospel again.

I guess that's about it for this week. I have to pack my bags one more time before the end. I'm going to give my best these last few weeks and not slack off like I could be doing.

But yeah, I'm probably going to be traveling all day on the 24th and I'll only get home on the 25th. I'm going to arrive in the San Diego airport. I'll get more details in a few weeks.

It's crazy to think how big the other kids are. I'm going to be the shortest in the family. Except for you mom. haha But that's fine.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment