Well I didn't bring my camera this week because nothing very interesting happened this week like it did last week.
Anyway, yes I send a letter to the president, but because he is a Brazilian he would like it in Portuguese since he is still learning English. So sometimes I write him in Portuguese, and I basically tell you guys the same things anyway. As for letters, it would be nice to have talks or devotionals that I could read, and yes I have to pay for using the internet, and it's cheaper just to sit here and read your emails than to print it out.
So today is the start of Carnival. Basically a week long party where everything closes and there is a lot of sinning and laziness. haha. Today we had to go all the way into the other elders' area to find an open lan house, and there are no open stores today. Most of the people left to go party I think. This will be an interesting week.
We haven't had a baptism this week. The other elders did, but we should have one the end of this week and another by the end of the transfer. The weeks just pass by so fast!
Last pday was Elder Fischer's birthday, so we went and ate at Subway again. Other than that we didn't do much special this week. We helped a member paint two of his doors . . .
This week we started teaching a reference of a member, named Maria. She's been to church a few times with her already, we've taught her 3 or 4 times already, invited her to be baptized, and she said yes! But for some reason she doesn't want to get baptized now. We talked to her about it, she prayed about the Restoration, and Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, and received an answer. So yesterday we told her to pray about baptism, and she said that if she gets another positive answer, she will get baptized. So we're praying for that.
Our other baptism will be the cousin of our last two. She is there with her grandma most of the time, and we've just been struggling to talk to her mom to let her get baptized because she needs permission. But the mom is just never there! So frustrating. And the mom of William and Caique who we baptized, I’m assuming she doesn't want to stop drinking or smoking because she won't talk to us, and the other night she jumped out the window so she wouldn't have to talk to us! I guess that just what the Spirit does to people. They know what they’re doing is wrong. They feel guilty so they just have to run. Which is stupid. She's in her 30's and she jumped out a window to avoid talking to the missionaries! Epic fail!
Well that about all the news that I have this week. I feel like I am going to be transferred after this one, and for sure I'll have a new companion. It's even possible that after this transfer Elder Fischer could go home without ever seeing each other again! That kinda weird. So before the end of the transfer we're going to a pizza restaurant. ( Pizza in a brazil is kind of a fancy thing. And also, mayonnaise on pizza, is good. Sounds weird, but it's good. =)
Well, I don't have anything else really . . . I love you all! I wish I could have some of those Valentine’s cookies! Sounds like everyone is doing great, and doing good work. It's weird that Drew is driving! haha. Well that’s all for this week. See ya!
Oh, I think the time is changing this Sunday, so I'll be an hour closer to your time
No comments:
Post a Comment