Monday, August 13, 2012
Campos - Week Sixteen
So, I DIDNT get transferred, I'm staying here in campos for 6 more weeks. Not gonna lie I was a little bit disappointed, but I'm over it already. By the end of this new transfer I will have served 6 months in just this area. That's a lot of time. But if it's what the Lord wants, then who am I to complain. I have adopted the policy of "I'll go where you want me to go" here on the mission. If I'm in this area, it's because He wants me here, so I just need to do my best.
Well, I feel like I've needed to change my habits a bit here on the mission. I have been studying the Bible a lot, especially the New Testament, and have been using this to teach our investigators. I feel like my knowledge of the New Testament has grown so much this past transfer, but I have been using the Book of Mormon less, which is a huge mistake. The Book of Mormon is key for our investigators to gain a testimony. And I haven't been using it. I've made a lot of personal goals here also this week. One thing that I have learned teaching people and being on the mission is that goals are key for success. If you want to change something, set goals. That's something that I have learned. Just saying "I'd like to do blahblahblah" doesn't get you anywhere. A plan of action is also required. This transfer is going to be awesome. I've made a goal to baptize 10 people this transfer, and I'll have to work hard and trust in the Lord's help to get it. I know that I'm not the greatest missionary, but I know that if I work the way that He wants me to work I can do it.
This week we continued teaching an awesome family. There's about 9 people there, all are women. For some reason I think women are more willing to accept the gospel. Anyway, they are super awesome. Some of them have gone to church before, and they really want to know if our message is true or not. So we're working a lot there.
We have been finding a lot of people this week, we'll see if they progress or not. I was really happy to see some of our investigators in church this Sunday. Luiz, who we have been teaching for some time, went to church, and he really liked it. He is really making progress with his problems, and I am praying that he will be ready for baptism on the 26th.
We have another investigator Pricilia, who came to church Sunday as well. She is the cousin of a recent convert, and she was really excited to come to church (she was mad that she got there late because of her cousin) and she really liked it. I hope she just opens up her time to read the Book of Mormon more.
The ward here is starting to make more progress. Because of a lack of coordination, not much has been getting done in terms of missionary work, but this week looks to be promising.
That's about it for my week. I'm trying to do so much better. I've been seeing that there is tons of room for improvement. There are so many people that I can be helping, and I know that if I try harder, the Lord will bless me. Diligence and hard work is the key to success.
Happy birthday Zack! I hope you have a great birthday this week and that you keep doing well at college. Hurry up and get married man! Or you could wait a while until I get home. That would be cool too. =)
Like Nate said in his letter, the Olympics are just instant trunkiness for us Americans here. Stoked that we beat the Chinese.
Thanks for everything mom. Love ya.
Keep up the good work fam. You guys are awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment