Monday, August 20, 2012

Campos - Week Seventeen

 Me with one of the kids in the ward (dressed like a funkeiro. Funk is a really annoying kind of music here close to Rio that is basically all swearwords, but it was funny when he came out dressed like that). I really like that family.
 Me and Elder Lefoll at integration night

Well I guess we should be happy that the GTO is gone with Drew driving, because he would wreck that thing in like 10 minutes of driving. xD

Anyway, this week was really hard for me. Yes, I'm with the same companion for one more transfer. I'm not the district leader anymore, (apparently after 3 transfers as the DL they decided it was time for a change) So yeah.

This week we made little progress. I wasn't feeling like we were doing well. We sure as heck were trying our best, and I think that's what mattered. We worked hard all week, but no one was ever home. It was like all of our appointments fell, and everyone we planned to visit wasn't there, or didn't want to talk to us. So we walked a lot and taught little. We found a few good investigators however, which we think should progress. I've definitely started praying a lot more this week. It was just really hard and frustrating all week long. But Sunday turned around a little bit, and I was really glad about that. We had our investigator, Luiz, at church again on Sunday. He started to say this week that he wants to stay in this church and be a part of it. He is still having problems with the Word of Wisdom, but we are hoping that he'll overcome. His baptism is marked for this Sunday, but he isn't super firm yet. Yikes. 

Anyway, that family of all women. We taught them once this week. =( They are really busy people. So we taught them an awesome lesson, and we challenged them to baptism. Ana Paula, (the main investigator there) and her friend Fernanda, both accepted to be baptized, but they didn't want to mark a baptism date. Lame. So we are going back today to try again. 

We have two other young women who are progressing, Pricila wasn't able to go to church this week, but she has been reading the Book of Mormon, and has been liking it a lot, and she promised to go to church this week. We are going to try and mark a baptism date with her this week.  The other, Stefany, I don't remember if I talked about her already, she is the one that taught US the restoration. Anyway, she went to the ward activity this week, and she liked it a lot and wants to come back, so we are going to teach her again today and mark a baptism date with her today too. She made friends really easily with the young women in the ward, which was awesome. So we'll see how it goes. 

I'm looking forward to teaching a lot of these people, I just hope that this week goes better. Sunday was really rewarding for me this week. After a long week of hard work with little success, the Spirit that I felt at just was really comforting and like an answer to all the prayers I said this week. We taught Luiz right after church, and left him there to pray, by himself, and ask if this was the true church. When he left the room, he almost had tears in his eyes, and he said he felt a great peace, but didn't really recognize it as an answer. We'll work on that today. He's got an answer, he just needs to see it. 

That's about it for today. Man, school already? Crazy. 

Anyway, the difference is Drew, I was just about 18 when I got my licence so I didn't have to follow that stupid rule for very long. And, go read the Articles of Faith. We believe in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the  law. So just do it. =) I'm diggin those Macbeths and the Macbeth socks, btw. 

Thanks for everything mom. Love you all. Have a great week.



No comments:

Post a Comment